Dr. Tanay Padgaonkar is the Best Doctor for Stress Test In Sion. A stress test, likewise called an exercise stress test, shows how your heart works during actual work. Since practice makes your heart pump harder and quicker, an exercise stress test can uncover issues with blood flow within your heart.
A stress test typically includes strolling on a treadmill or riding an exercise bike while your heart cadence, blood pressure and breathing are checked. Or on the other hand you’ll get a medication that mirrors the impacts of activity.
Dr. Tanay Padgaonkar might suggest a stress test on the off chance that you have signs or side effects of coronary artery disease or an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia).
A stress test can help:
- Guide treatment decisions
- Determine how well heart treatment is working
- Diagnose the severity of an existing heart condition
Types of tests
There are three different types of stress tests:
- Exercise stress test. The treadmill test is another name for this test. You run on a treadmill while connected to an electrocardiogram (ECG) machine that measures your heart function.
- Nuclear stress test. The thallium stress test is another name for this test. Unlike the stress test, an intravenous line is placed in your arm to inject dye. This allows a special camera to take pictures of your heart so that your doctor can look at them.
- Stress echocardiogram. This test is similar to the stress test, but the specialist also places a sensor on your chest. This wand-like device emits sound waves that create moving images of your heart. Get the best treatment with doctor for stress test in Sion.
In general, the stress test is safe. However, complications can occur in rare cases. The following problems can occur during a stress test:
- Low blood pressure. Immediately after exercise, your blood pressure may drop or decrease. This drop can cause dizziness or fainting. The problem is likely to go away as soon as the exercise is over.
- Cardiac arrhythmia or irregular heartbeat. Arrhythmias caused by exercise usually go away shortly after the exercise stops.
- Myocardial infarction, also known as a heart attack. Although very unlikely, a heart attack can occur during an exercise test. Consult the doctor for stress test in Sion for any complications.
How is a Stress Test performed?
- During the stress test, the patient should walk on a stationary bicycle or treadmill.
- During the stress test, the technician attaches electrodes to the chest to monitor the patient’s heart. These electrodes are connected to an ECG machine that records heart activity. Blood pressure measurements are also recorded.
- First, resting blood pressure and heart rate are measured.
- As the difficulty of the test increases gradually, the patient exercises until exhaustion. Contact the best doctor in Sion for a stress test.